Latest Marine Articles
Filiform corrosion is a particular form of corrosion that occurs under thin coatings in randomly distributed threads like filaments. Filiform corrosion is also known as...
By: Dennis Jayasinghe | Principal/Chief Technical Officer, Corr-Met Inspection & Consulting Inc.
Pipelines are an essential infrastructure component as a conveyance of utilities, commodities and other elements vital for a robust economy. Pipelines are typically...
By: Della Anggabrata
When it comes to corrosion engineering, seawater is one of the most important environments to discuss. This may be especially true when it comes to pipelines, which...
By: Mehdi Yari | Electrochemistry and Corrosion Laboratory at the University of Western Ontario
Modern construction materials have a number of well-defined mechanical properties that can tell us a lot about their characteristics and behavior when used in...
By: Nemanja Pavlovic
Engineering and Spec Writing
For best results, it’s necessary to assess and control a myriad of painting process variables, including assignable causes and random variations, which affect the...
By: Raouf Kattan | Managing Director, Safinah Ltd.
It is estimated that around 30% of all scrap metal comes from corroded metal materials or equipment. And marine environments, no doubt, have made a significant...
By: Krystal Nanan | Civil Engineer
Cathodic protection (CP) comes in many forms. Zinc is often the metal of choice used for CP sacrificial anodes, which are attached to welding on the substrates of...
By: Ian MacMoy | Product Design Specialist, Dox Steel
There are a number of standards that address coating and installation of fasteners in high-pressure service. Most of them clearly forbid the common coating application...
By: Alan Kehr | Managing Consultant, Alan Kehr Anti-Corrosion, LLC
While offering new anticorrosion coatings for marine and offshore applications, manufacturers are under consistent pressure due to stricter environmental regulations, as...
While searching for new metals that can resist saltwater corrosion, in all probability you might have bumped into a group of alloys called cupronickel (Cu-Ni) or...
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- QUIZ: 11 Questions to Test Your Underwater Inspection Knowledge
- (FREE DOWNLOAD) Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene
- Come Write for Corrosionpedia!
- FREE Download on our sister site Trenchlesspedia: The Ultimate Guide to Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and Robots
- QUIZ: All About Robotic Crawlers — 12 Inspection Questions!
- QUIZ: Corrosion and Protection of Underground Pipelines
- Come write for Trenchlesspedia
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- WEBINAR: MITIGATING CUI: A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:00 AM (CST)