Latest Surface Preparation Articles
The destructive effects of corrosion on metals have been known for centuries. For almost as long as metals have been a construction material, humans have constantly...
By: Krystal Nanan | Civil Engineer
Jane Debbrecht is the Principal of JDebbrecht Consulting and a management consultant specializing in manufacturing company turnarounds and strategy development. She held...
Copper is known as a “living” metal because it and its alloys (e.g., brass, bronze) in most atmospheric conditions can form one or many protective layers...
By: Francisco Servigna | Process and Corrosion Engineer, Venezuelan National Oil Company
While offering new anticorrosion coatings for marine and offshore applications, manufacturers are under consistent pressure due to stricter environmental regulations, as...
Wenzel’s theory helps us to understand that surface roughness and coating adhesion are not always related to each other in a unique fashion. In other words,...
I have often been asked this question: “Which testing method do you prefer to use to check an abrasive blasted steel surface profile for coating: Testex replica...
One of the major challenges faced by maintenance engineers across many industries is the limited amount of time in which urgent repairs must be carried out. In the real...
By: Levente Bazsanyi | Product Manager
Corrosion, by definition, is a degradation of material due to its chemical or electrochemical reaction with its environment. While this is a problem for metals in...
By: Nemanja Pavlovic
The effect of soluble salt contamination on a substrate has been hugely controversial for decades. This controversy is mainly due to several factors that determine if...
By: Mohamed Adel Mohamadein | Head of the Corrosion, Arab Petroleum Pipelines
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- QUIZ: 11 Questions to Test Your Underwater Inspection Knowledge
- (FREE DOWNLOAD) Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene
- Come Write for Corrosionpedia!
- FREE Download on our sister site Trenchlesspedia: The Ultimate Guide to Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and Robots
- QUIZ: All About Robotic Crawlers — 12 Inspection Questions!
- QUIZ: Corrosion and Protection of Underground Pipelines
- Come write for Trenchlesspedia
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- WEBINAR: MITIGATING CUI: A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:00 AM (CST)