Managing Director, Safinah Ltd.
Raouff Kattan is a chartered engineer with a background in academia, seafaring, shipping, shipbuilding, and naval architecture, and specialist knowledge of coatings. He has worked with many leading shipbuilders on coating issues, from design to production, with a focus on improving productivity in coating processes.
Working with ship owners, he has developed a performance specification approach to enable the correct technical assessment of alternative paint scheme proposals. He has worked with all of the world’s leading coatings companies, and headed product development teams for a multinational company.
Working with major raw material suppliers and equipment manufacturers, Raouff has enabled them to establish the added value of their products. He is an innovative thinker, often addressing problems for which there are no immediate or ready solutions.
Raouf continues to implement an academic rigour in his work and is a visiting lecturer at the School of Marine Science and Technology at Newcastle University. He is the author of over 100 papers and articles relating to coating application, ship production, quality, and coatings.
- Nov24 Corrosion & Prevention Conference and Exhibition 2019
- Sep23 Advancing Construction Planning and Scheduling 2019
- Sep30 Advancing Construction Quality 2019 Conference - Nashville, TN
- Nov22 Global Smart Build Summit 5th edition & #Time2leap awards
- Dec02 Advancing Enterprise Risk Management