Latest Cleaning Articles
Copper is known as a “living” metal because it and its alloys (e.g., brass, bronze) in most atmospheric conditions can form one or many protective layers...
By: Francisco Servigna | Process and Corrosion Engineer, Venezuelan National Oil Company
Neglected and dirty pipes can result in several water quality issues. For example, iron and manganese sediments, which can accumulate due to poor filtering or pipe...
By: Krystal Nanan | Civil Engineer
The effect of soluble salt contamination on a substrate has been hugely controversial for decades. This controversy is mainly due to several factors that determine if...
By: Mohamed Adel Mohamadein | Head of the Corrosion, Arab Petroleum Pipelines
Prior to the commencement of concrete repairs, the fundamental thing to consider is surface preparation. The amelioration of damaged concrete structures involves many...
By: Hamid Khan
The presence of non-visible residual surface salts and their impact on life cycle coating performance is well documented, yet no widespread industry standards exist to...
By: Hap Peters | Managing Director, CHLOR RID International, Inc.
Single-coat inorganic zinc silicate (IOZ) coating provides one of the most durable and cost-effective coating systems available. Properly applied, it will provide many...
By: Rob Francis | Consultant, Aurecon Materials Technology Group
I’ve found that unless proper thought is given to the intent and writing of a coating specification or a procedure, it can lead to misinterpretations that can be...
Restoration of steel and concrete surfaces has relied heavily on sandblasting and other dry blasting techniques. For over a century, dry blasting has been an effective,...
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- QUIZ: 11 Questions to Test Your Underwater Inspection Knowledge
- (FREE DOWNLOAD) Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene
- Come Write for Corrosionpedia!
- FREE Download on our sister site Trenchlesspedia: The Ultimate Guide to Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and Robots
- QUIZ: All About Robotic Crawlers — 12 Inspection Questions!
- QUIZ: Corrosion and Protection of Underground Pipelines
- Come write for Trenchlesspedia
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- WEBINAR: MITIGATING CUI: A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:00 AM (CST)