Consultant, Aurecon Materials Technology Group
Ph.D., Corrosion Science, University of Melbourne
Rob Francis has 40 years’ experience in the corrosion and coatings fields, with emphasis on steelwork in atmospheric and marine environments, as well as ferrous metals, technical training and quality assurance.
As an international leader and educator, Rob has authored and co-authored more than 40 technical papers and conference presentations in Australia and overseas, from 1978 to the present. He served as editor of two ACA publications, "Sixty Years of Inorganic Zinc Coatings", and "Inorganic Zinc Coatings". In 2009, the ACA granted him its Best Review award for a paper comparing AS/NZS 2312 to ISO 12944.In his role as a corrosion and coatings consultant with Aurecon Materials Technology Group, Rob has prepared specifications for Brisbane International Airport expansion, desalination plant proposals, water tank projects, a water pipeline and several bridge refurbishment projects in Melbourne. He also performs failure analysis investigations.
- Mar10 Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- Mar02 Advancing Construction Operational Excellence 2020
- Mar25 Your Installers Are Probably Installing/Testing Isolation Kits Improperly
- Apr27 Advancing Construction Analytics 2020
- May04 Advancing Preconstruction 2020