Definition - What does Epoxy Siloxane mean?
Epoxy siloxane refers to a chemical substance that is formed by a reaction between epoxy and siloxane, resulting in polymers that exhibit high durability, polymeric strength and corrosion prevention characteristics when applied to metallic substrates.
Corrosionpedia explains Epoxy Siloxane
Epoxy siloxane coatings contain inorganic polysiloxane, which is then reacted with organic resins (e.g., epoxy) to optimize desirable properties such as cohesive strength.
Epoxy siloxane coatings have several advantages over other coatings, including:
- Lower volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions
- Higher rates of cross linking density
- Lower negative effects on health, safety and the environment
- Improved weathering
- Greater resistance to nuclear radiation
- Greater chemical resistance