Isolation plays a vital piece in the fight against corrosion. However, isolation in a cathodic protection system is not always used, isolation kits may malfunction, and/or an isolating kit may be found to not be isolating and might be replaced by a non-isolating gasket. What effect on the piping system, personnel and costs does this have?
This webinar will delve into the cause/effect analysis when isolation is not part of the cathodic protection package (whether intentional or unintentional). The primary effects are:
· Increased electrical costs
· Increased likelihood of hydrogen induced corrosion
· Potential for electrically induced coating disbondment
· Increased potential for stress corrosion cracking
· Greater potential for current to stray from pipeline to unintended targets
· Potential for unsafe electrical exposure for personnel
This webinar will capture issues with the elimination of isolation and present why these problems are eliminated by using a proper isolation kit.
Senior Product Manager