Latest Plastics Articles
Galvanic Corrosion of Metals Connected to Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymers
Carbon fiber reinforced composites (CFRC) are a sort of advanced material used in the aerospace, automobile, marine and sport industries. Their use is growing...
By: Mehdi Yari | Electrochemistry and Corrosion Laboratory at the University of Western Ontario
10 Things to Know About Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer and Corrosion
Since their introduction, carbon fiber reinforced polymers (CFRP) are finding increased usage in several industries. Despite their inherent advantages, there are several...
The Corrosion of Polymeric Materials
Polymeric materials have wide applications; therefore, there are many factors that can lead to corrosion in these materials. The lifetime of a polymeric material cannot...
By: Alan Kehr | Managing Consultant, Alan Kehr Anti-Corrosion, LLC
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- Over-Voltage Protection
- Using Flange Isolation Kits and Monolithic Isolation Joints
- How to Properly Spec a Monolithic Isolation Joint
- Improving Pipeline Emissions: The Role of Flange Isolation Kits
- Epoxy Coatings 101: What Kind to Use and When
- An Innovative Solution to Traditional Plastic Isolation Gaskets
- Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene