Latest Failure Articles
One of the major challenges faced by maintenance engineers across many industries is the limited amount of time in which urgent repairs must be carried out. In the real...
By: Levente Bazsanyi | Product Manager
Corrosion fatigue of engineering materials, mainly metals, has been a topic of research worldwide for over a century. This type of corrosion failure was first observed...
By: Krystal Nanan | Civil Engineer
Failure analysis is a vast concept that includes different fields such as electronics, mechanics, metallurgy, corrosion and so forth. However, for a corrosion engineer,...
By: Mehdi Yari | Electrochemistry and Corrosion Laboratory at the University of Western Ontario
Fusion-bonded epoxy (FBE) is a proven coating technology used to protect steel pipelines from corrosion, both in buried and atmospheric environments. In these types of...
By: Alan Kehr | Managing Consultant, Alan Kehr Anti-Corrosion, LLC
In the oil and gas industry, pipelines are vital pieces of infrastructure to transport hydrocarbons. They are built to perform in a variety of climates and terrains, and...
When an incident occurs, pipeline transport invariably attracts negative media attention. When a failure makes the news, one of the questions I am almost always asked by...
By: Britney Taylor, C.E. | Corrosion Pipeline Integrity Engineer, Campos EPC
Problems with bridges and similar infrastructure in the USA have largely concerned degradation due to old age. However, one new bridge has been the subject of much...
By: Rob Francis | Consultant, Aurecon Materials Technology Group
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- QUIZ: 11 Questions to Test Your Underwater Inspection Knowledge
- (FREE DOWNLOAD) Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene
- Come Write for Corrosionpedia!
- FREE Download on our sister site Trenchlesspedia: The Ultimate Guide to Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and Robots
- QUIZ: All About Robotic Crawlers — 12 Inspection Questions!
- QUIZ: Corrosion and Protection of Underground Pipelines
- Come write for Trenchlesspedia
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- WEBINAR: MITIGATING CUI: A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:00 AM (CST)