Latest Abrasion Articles
Tribocorrosion or mechanically assisted corrosion is defined as the degradation of a material surface subjected to the combined synergistic action of mechanical loading...
By: Steven Bradley | Principal Consultant, Bradley Consulting Services
Wear and tear on oil sands equipment represents a serious concern for the oil and gas industry. The cost of lost production output is extremely high. Whenever a part is...
By: Jessica Zimmer
Both abrasive and corrosive, the marine environment is unforgiving of maritime structures such as offshore platforms and rigs, and ocean-going vessels – all of...
By: Denis Baker, Eng. | Special Projects Engineer, Rhino Linings Australasia Pty Ltd
From a lubrication point of view, extreme operational conditions may not commonly occur in every industry, but in some sectors such as defense and aerospace they are...
The oil and gas industry, like all business sectors, has developed material pre-qualification tests and set pass/fail values based upon their many decades of operational...
By: Osmay Oharriz, Ch.E., M.Sc. | Oil & Gas Industry Manager, Belzona Inc.
-- To learn more about Wet Abrasive Blasting, register for the upcoming webinar --IntroductionA number of changes in the industry have led to the development of new...
By: Wade Hannon | Area Sales Manager, Specialty Products at GRACO Inc.
Abstract Steel surfaces are frequently cleaned by abrasive impact prior to the application of protective coatings. The resultant surface profile, sometimes called an...
By: David Beamish | President, DeFelsko Corporation
Water pumps are critical for industrial and agricultural business processes. Most of these pumps are subjected to extreme environmental conditions such as variable...
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- QUIZ: 11 Questions to Test Your Underwater Inspection Knowledge
- (FREE DOWNLOAD) Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene
- Come Write for Corrosionpedia!
- FREE Download on our sister site Trenchlesspedia: The Ultimate Guide to Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and Robots
- QUIZ: All About Robotic Crawlers — 12 Inspection Questions!
- QUIZ: Corrosion and Protection of Underground Pipelines
- Come write for Trenchlesspedia
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- WEBINAR: MITIGATING CUI: A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:00 AM (CST)