Latest Inspection Articles
Equipment inspection and monitoring are important activities for safe operation and productivity in the oil and gas industry. Remote corrosion monitoring systems enable...
By: Kasay Mwiks
Failure analysis is a vast concept that includes different fields such as electronics, mechanics, metallurgy, corrosion and so forth. However, for a corrosion engineer,...
By: Mehdi Yari | Electrochemistry and Corrosion Laboratory at the University of Western Ontario
Inspection / Monitoring
Offshore coating inspectors, as their name suggests, are coating inspectors that work mainly in marine and offshore environments. It is, therefore, essential for these...
By: Krystal Nanan | Civil Engineer
Prestressed concrete structures with post-tensioned (PT) tendons have been extensively used for bridges because they facilitate the creation of long-span superstructures...
Corrosion Knowledge Management Vs. Corrosion Management: An Essential Tool for Assets Integrity Management
Contributing AuthorThis article with co-authored by Farzaneh Akvan Corrosion Department, Faranegarzarfam Company, Tehran, Iran.AbstractCorrosion management (CM) is a...
By: Reza Javaherdashti | Corrosion Department, Faranegarzarfam Company, Tehran, Iran
Pipeline pigs are an essential tool for maintaining pipelines. This article examines pipeline operational pigging for internal corrosion prevention, including pigging...
By: Monica Fernandez
Most gas pipelines are used for transporting and distributing natural gas from gas fields to consumer installations and homes. This gas is extracted from rocky reserves...
Inspection / Monitoring
Pipelines have been used as a safe and cost effective method of hydrocarbon transportation since 1860. A routine inspection is required to ensure that the pipelines are...
By: Mohamed Adel Mohamadein | Head of the Corrosion, Arab Petroleum Pipelines
In writing coating specifications, it is essential to understand and include all of the limiting conditions at a specific site where maintenance painting is to be done...
Engineering and Spec Writing
Measuring the corrosion rate (the velocity at which metal is lost) of equipment or a metallic structure such as a bridge, pipeline, tank or pressure vessel is a valuable...
By: Osvaldo Mejia | Sr. Pipeline Integrity Engineer at Petroleum Development Oman
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- QUIZ: 11 Questions to Test Your Underwater Inspection Knowledge
- (FREE DOWNLOAD) Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene
- Come Write for Corrosionpedia!
- FREE Download on our sister site Trenchlesspedia: The Ultimate Guide to Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and Robots
- QUIZ: All About Robotic Crawlers — 12 Inspection Questions!
- QUIZ: Corrosion and Protection of Underground Pipelines
- Come write for Trenchlesspedia
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- WEBINAR: MITIGATING CUI: A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:00 AM (CST)