Latest High Pressure Articles
There are a number of standards that address coating and installation of fasteners in high-pressure service. Most of them clearly forbid the common coating application...
By: Alan Kehr | Managing Consultant, Alan Kehr Anti-Corrosion, LLC
Inspection / Monitoring
Pipeline integrity management systems are crucial for ensuring the safe and reliable operations of piping networks. In the oil and gas industry, numerous regulations...
By: Krystal Nanan | Civil Engineer
Commonly used in process industries, pressure vessels are manufactured with the intention that the pressure inside the container will be different from the pressure...
Laser scanning (profilometry) is a highly effective and accurate inspection method for measuring changes in geometry of pressurized vessels, piping and pipelines. The...
As discussed in a previous article, overtapping (also called oversizing) is a common field practice that is nonetheless banned by almost all of the standards governing...
By: Ian MacMoy | Product Design Specialist, Dox Steel
Metals, just as other minerals, are susceptible to degradation when they are used over time or come in contact with other elements. A form through which this process...
By: Ben Howard
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- QUIZ: 11 Questions to Test Your Underwater Inspection Knowledge
- (FREE DOWNLOAD) Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene
- Come Write for Corrosionpedia!
- FREE Download on our sister site Trenchlesspedia: The Ultimate Guide to Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and Robots
- QUIZ: All About Robotic Crawlers — 12 Inspection Questions!
- QUIZ: Corrosion and Protection of Underground Pipelines
- Come write for Trenchlesspedia
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- WEBINAR: MITIGATING CUI: A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:00 AM (CST)