Latest Temperature Articles
The engineer designed the piping system with care: its insulation thickness was verified by the most reliable and commonly used software available, and the insulation...
November to March is a beautiful time of the year in the wintry climate of the United States and Canada. People participate in all kinds of wintertime activities. It is...
By: Mark Edmonds
Expanded perlite has been a popular insulation in the humid climate of the Gulf Coast. For decades, it has been used extensively in the oil and gas processing industries...
By: David Shong
They say that April showers bring May flowers, but this is not the case in the Seattle area where I live. April showers bring May, June and July showers, and occasional...
By: David Shong
As discussed in a previous article, overtapping (also called oversizing) is a common field practice that is nonetheless banned by almost all of the standards governing...
By: Ian MacMoy | Product Design Specialist, Dox Steel
To learn more about aerogel coating systems check out the Insulating Coatings Powered by Aerogel Particles webinar presented by Andy Hoffman..Moisture as a Cause of...
By: Andy Hoffman | Product Manager, Tnemec Company Inc.
The cost and effort to inspect for and repair corrosion under insulation (CUI) that is routinely discovered on aging equipment is exceedingly high. Obviously, this work...
By: Monica Chauviere | President, Monicorr, Inc.
We recently spoke at length with David Shong about insulation, hydrophobicity and the causes of corrosion under insulation (CUI). The views presented here are those of a...
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- QUIZ: 11 Questions to Test Your Underwater Inspection Knowledge
- (FREE DOWNLOAD) Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene
- Come Write for Corrosionpedia!
- FREE Download on our sister site Trenchlesspedia: The Ultimate Guide to Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles and Robots
- QUIZ: All About Robotic Crawlers — 12 Inspection Questions!
- QUIZ: Corrosion and Protection of Underground Pipelines
- Come write for Trenchlesspedia
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence
- WEBINAR: MITIGATING CUI: A TWO-PRONGED APPROACH
- Free Webinar: Accomplish the Impossible with Integrity Intelligence | Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:00 AM (CST)