Latest Railroads Articles
Major Railway Infrastructure Projects That'll Impact the Corrosion Control Market
Transportation is a pivotal sector of the global economy because it fulfills some basic needs of human civilization. The global investments in infrastructure such as...
Corrosion and Electrical Interference in Buried Metallic Structures
Corrosion is a naturally occurring phenomenon commonly defined as the deterioration of a substance (usually a metal) or its properties because of a reaction with its...
By: Mahmoud Elmahdy | Senior Cathodic Protection Engineer
Electric Transportation Systems and Stray Current Corrosion
Due to limited public lands, we sometimes find ourselves in a situation where it is necessary to install direct current (DC) electrical transmission systems in close...
By: Mohamed Adel Mohamadein | Head of the Corrosion, Arab Petroleum Pipelines
Stray Current Corrosion and Preventive Measures
Electricity plays a vital part in our day-to-day life. Life without electricity is unthinkable today—nearly anywhere in the world. But the same omnipresent...
VIDEO: John Oliver on America's Crumbling Infrastructure
Infrastructure: it's our roads, bridges, dams, airports, power grids... basically anything that can be destroyed in an action film! And the problem is, it's falling...
Don't miss the latest corrosion content from Corrosionpedia!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get expert advice and top insights on corrosion science, mitigation and prevention. We create world-leading educational content about corrosion and how to preserve the integrity of the world’s infrastructure and assets.
- Flange Isolation Gaskets: A Closer Look at Sealing & Isolation
- Using Flange Isolation Kits and Monolithic Isolation Joints
- How to Properly Spec a Monolithic Isolation Joint
- Improving Pipeline Emissions: The Role of Flange Isolation Kits
- Epoxy Coatings 101: What Kind to Use and When
- An Innovative Solution to Traditional Plastic Isolation Gaskets
- Solvent Recycling: Acetone, MEK, Lacquer Thinner and Toluene