What Does Liquid Nylon Coating Mean?
A liquid nylon coating is a coating that is used to protect an underlying base material. As the name suggests, the coating material is made from nylon, plus epoxy for bonding purposes. A liquid nylon coating can be adhered to many different types of materials.
Corrosionpedia Explains Liquid Nylon Coating
Liquid nylon coatings provide many benefits, including:
- They are suitable for a wide range of operating temperatures.
- Surface preparation, while important, may not be as critical as for other coating products.
- Full curing can occur in just a few days.
- They can be tinted for an increased aesthetic appeal.
- They can be applied through a variety of means including paintbrush and spraying.
- They have great abrasion resistance and ductility.
A liquid nylon coating can be used in a variety of industries. Common examples of industries that employ liquid nylon coatings include aerospace, structural applications, automotive, and other transportation sectors.
A liquid nylon coating can be applied to many different materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, fiberglass, galvanized metals and anodized aluminum.