What Does Containment Sump Mean?
Containment sumps are a simple and easy way to store chemical tanks, oil tanks, petroleum product tanks, fuel tanks or any hazardous material storage tanks. Any small cylindrical storage tank is placed inside the containment sump for storage. Containment sumps are made of high resistance polyethylene / PVC material and can withstand harsh corrosive environments that otherwise would lead to unwanted chemical reactions, rust or corrosion.
Corrosionpedia Explains Containment Sump
Containment sumps are suitable for storing fuel in cylindrical metallic storage tanks for long continuous storage. The storage tanks are placed into the containment sumps. The sumps can be custom designed and are available with built-in drain options and pull over cover options. The spill capacity ranges from 360 to over 1000 gallons.
Containment sump benefits:
- Keeps hazardous liquids contained in one place.
- High resistance to rusting and corrosion.
- Available in various sizes and shapes.
- Safely contains contaminated coolant, grease, lubricant, fuel, etc.
- Easy drainage or pull over cover options are available.