What Does Advanced Hybrid Epoxy Novolac Mean?
This is a high silica purity and high solid resin system with a reduced amount of chloride and other mobile ions (sodium or potassium). It is used in molding compounds that are used in one or two coating systems to be applied as concrete and steel linings in harsh environments like the petroleum industry. It provides a long-term and sustainable protection from corrosion and oxidation in immersion conditions.
Corrosionpedia Explains Advanced Hybrid Epoxy Novolac
It is used with hardeners to yield polymers with better chemical resistance and high heat deflection temperatures. It provides thick-filmed painting systems with the following properties:
- Designed with low odor and VOC compliance
- Resistance to chemical attack from other organic compounds
- High abrasion and impact resistance
- Fast curing at ambient temperature or above dew point and 50% humidity
- Enhanced usability and ease of application by brush, roller and spray
- Self-priming and leveling capabilities
- Enhanced adhesion and high temperature stability
It can be used where there is high traffic and a physical demand for long-term protection of material surfaces from chemical exposure. Its superior qualities allow it to be used in exterior and interior lining applications. Its application in the top coating requires a substrate that is well-prepared and cleaned from impurities.