What Does Specification Mean?
Specification refers to a widely accepted publication of technical standards or guidelines that serve a particular industrial purpose. They are exact statements that provide clear instructions to ensure quality control in the selection of a good, material, process or system prior to installation. Corrosion preventative activities have a full range of specifications that must be met.
Corrosionpedia Explains Specification
Some examples of supporting standards that apply to corrosion prevention, inspection, maintenance and rectification are listed below by category. These standards are updated and published by ASTM International - a global governing body that provides a consensus for industrial guidelines.
- G132 - 96(2018): Standard Test Method for Pin Abrasion Testing
- G174 - 04(2017):Standard Test Method for Measuring Abrasion Resistance of Materials by Abrasive Loop Contact
- G65 - 16e1: Standard Test Method for Measuring Abrasion Using the Dry Sand/Rubber Wheel Apparatus
Corrosion in soils
- G162 - 18: Standard Practice for Conducting and Evaluating Laboratory Corrosion Tests in Soils
- G51 - 18: Standard Test Method for Measuring pH of Soil for Use in Corrosion Testing
Corrosion of metals in natural atmospheric and aqueous environments
- G33 - 99(2015): Standard Practice for Recording Data from Atmospheric Corrosion Tests of Metallic-Coated Steel Specimens
- G91 - 11(2018): Standard Practice for Monitoring Atmospheric SO2 Deposition Rate for Atmospheric Corrosivity Evaluation
- G140 - 02(2014): Standard Test Method for Determining Atmospheric Chloride Deposition Rate by Wet Candle Method