What Does Flat Paint Mean?
Flat paint is also called "matte paint.'' It is a type of paint that has a very minimum reflective finish and dries instantly. This paint gives a best color payout and if a wall has patches, uneven textures or any other imperfections, this color makes these flaws less noticeable and gives an overall matte look.
Corrosionpedia Explains Flat Paint
Flat paints have several advantages as well as disadvantages. Some advantages include:
- This type of paint adheres readily
- It makes uneven patches and imperfections less noticeable
- Hides rough patches
- Gives a matte finish that is aesthetically soothing
Some of the disadvantages are:
- This paint is prone to dirt and stains
- It takes a lot of effort to clean such paint compared to glossier paints
Flat paints are also used to paint cars and can be used as a primer, which also covers the rough surface of vehicles.