What Does Dewatering Corrosion Preventives Mean?
This is a surface treatment solvent designed for use in components and systems to remove water from bare metal surfaces.
It is designed on the basis of:
- The substrate material
- The surrounding conditions
- The intention of protection
- The time duration for protection (temporary or long-term)
- The method of application (brushing, spraying, swabbing or immersion in a tank)
- The compatibility with other treatments to be used on the surface
- The nature of the film
- The drying time
Therefore, it is used as a corrosion prevention method by reducing the amount of water, which in the end reduces the unintended electrochemical processes. It can be used before electroplating processes or during processing, assembling and storage or transportation processes.