Shiwei William Guan, Ph.D.
Principal Advisor, Global Coatings Advisors
Dr. Shiwei William Guan has over 30 years’ experience in corrosion engineering and coatings. He is currently the Principal Advisor of Global Coatings Advisors, a wealth of worldwide experience and expertise on coatings for corrosion protection in extreme service environments. Prior, he served as Vice President of Strategic Markets and Technology at Bredero Shaw - ShawCor, the global leader of pipe coating solutions. Guan also formerly served as Vice President of Technology and International Business at Madison Chemical, a leader in 100% solids structural polyurethane and epoxy coatings.
He holds engineering degrees from China, and a Ph.D. degree in materials science and corrosion from Canada. Dr. Guan is Chair of NACE International work group TG353 for multi-layered polyolefin pipe coatings and Chair of TG281 for field applied polyurethane coatings. He is also a member of ISO TC67/SC2/WG14-6 pipeline internal coating standard committee, and a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Anti-Corrosion Materials and Methods. Dr. Guan is a NACE International Certified Coating Inspector Level III (#9484) and CIP instructor.
- Jul15 Cold Applied Corrosion Solutions for Storage Tanks
- Nov24 Corrosion & Prevention Conference and Exhibition 2019
- Jul29 Advancing Computational Building Design Conference 2019, Chicago
- Aug19 Advancing Construction Technology 2019 Conference, Chicago, IL
- Aug26 9th World Congress on Biopolymers & Bioplastics, London