Technical Director-Corrosion Control, Blast-One International
Jim Gooden has been involved with the corrosion control industry since 1989. He aspires to improve the quality of corrosion prevention projects through educating the various players involved. As technical director with the Blast-One International Group, he leads the global project team responsible for reducing the cost of corrosion control.
Starting out as a cathodic protection and coatings inspector, Gooden has authored papers and how-to guides on surface preparation and reducing costs in the protective coatings industry. Jim visits hundreds of protective coatings projects, primarily for the mining, oil & gas, marine and utilities sectors in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific.
The Blast-One team advises painting contractors in many of the oil refineries in North America and almost all of the major North American shipyards, and have consulted to some of the world’s largest ship builders including Hyundai Heavy Industries in Korea. Gooden spends his time working with teams in offices in Australia, the UK and the USA.
- Nov24 Corrosion & Prevention Conference and Exhibition 2019
- Sep23 Advancing Construction Planning and Scheduling 2019
- Sep30 Advancing Construction Quality 2019 Conference - Nashville, TN
- Nov22 Global Smart Build Summit 5th edition & #Time2leap awards
- Dec02 Advancing Enterprise Risk Management