Arun K. Soman, ME
Deputy Manager Inspection Advisory, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
Arun Soman is a mechanical engineer with more than 10 years’ experience in the field of asset integrity of static equipment in the oil and gas process industry. Starting his career as a quality engineer in 2005, his field of study shifted to corrosion control in 2007 after he joined BPCL Kochi Refinery as Deputy Manager of Inspection Advisory Services.
He has conducted many CUI surveys in process plants and has developed a systematic inspection methodology for inspection of corrosion under insulation in process industry. As a field experienced plant inspector with in-depth knowledge of cathodic protection systems, QA/QC, maintenance and repair, Soman currently focuses on corrosion control of static equipment in the petrochemical industry.
Active in writing and presenting for the corrosion industry, Soman’s 2013 paper on internal corrosion in cross-country pipelines was awarded best paper at the NACE Corrosion Conference (CORCON-13) in New Delhi.
- Nov24 Corrosion & Prevention Conference and Exhibition 2019
- Sep23 Advancing Construction Planning and Scheduling 2019
- Sep30 Advancing Construction Quality 2019 Conference - Nashville, TN
- Nov22 Global Smart Build Summit 5th edition & #Time2leap awards
- Dec02 Advancing Enterprise Risk Management