- Starts: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 12:00 AM
- Ends: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- Where: Charleston Marriott 170 Lockwood Boulevard Charleston, South Carolina 29403
- Website: http://www.nmc.ctc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=events.details&eventID=84
Transitioning Advanced Manufacturing Technology for an Affordable Fleet
Sponsored byOffice of Naval Research--Navy Manufacturing Technology (ManTech) Program
Supported byNational Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP) and the Navy Metalworking Center
The Department of the Navy has approved this conference. Click here for a copy of the approval letter.
ObjectiveThe two-day event is intended as a forum for the domestic shipbuilding industry, its supplier base, the U.S. Navy Program Offices and the U.S. Navy-sponsored shipbuilding research programs to exchange information on shipbuilding technical developments. Featured are advances generated respectively by the National Shipbuilding Research Program and the Navy ManTech Program through its Centers of Excellence and related shipbuilding initiatives. The objective of the information exchange is to reduce total ownership cost of naval ships while enhancing the competitiveness of the domestic shipbuilding industry.
- This meeting is intended for management and technical personnel involved in shipbuilding processes and technologies. Participants include U.S Navy technical organizations, industry and academia.
- Attendance is limited to U.S. government employees and U.S. citizens and permanent residents with an active Joint Certification Program number.
- Registration is limited to 335 people.